The Latest Newsletter From The Tax Authority, P.C.
November 26, 2023
Hello to our clients and friends,
I hope this newsletter finds everyone well, please read for important information on the upcoming tax season.
Remember that everyone needs to schedule an appointment. There will be NO Drop Off’s, everyone needs to have an appointment to get their tax return completed. Review the dates below for your first opportunity to make an appointment.
The first day for filing this year has been delayed to December 1st instead of the usual October 1st. If you or your child will be in college in August of 2024, Ellen will be calling you soon to file the FAFSA forms.
Watch for an email next week with new information.
Here is the schedule for making your appointment. Online scheduling can be done anytime within the dates listed, if you prefer to call or come by the office, we are available 9am – 4pm to assist you.
Online scheduling can be done anytime within the dates listed, if you prefer to call or come by the office, we are available 9am – 4pm to assist you.
|Businesses with Shari||On hold||-|
|Individuals with Ellen||December 11th 9am – December 14th 4pm||Online, Phone, Come by|
|Trusts with Shari||December 18th 9am – December 21st 4pm||Phone or Come by only (No Online)|
|Individuals with Shari||January 2nd 9am – January 4th 4pm||Online, Phone, Come by|
If you miss your above scheduled time please wait until January 8th to call the office.
Schedule enough time
Most individual returns need a one-hour appointment. If you desire other returns, in addition to yours, they will need an additional appointment. For example, if you have one or two kids that you claim as your dependents, you should schedule a two-hour appointment. If you have grown kids or other family members that you do not claim as dependents, they need to schedule their own separate one-hour appointment. Feel free to call the office right away if you have questions on how many hours you should schedule.
Types of Appointments
Scheduled Phone Appt - Stay home and we will do your return with you over the phone. If you have a home computer, we can also share our screen and you'll feel like you are in the office with us.
Not only have many clients enjoyed this relaxing option in the past couple of years, it has also been a benefit when clients need to find additional paperwork, or if the stairs in our office are a problem for them.
Scheduled Office Visit - This is for those who prefer to come into the office.
If you schedule an office visit, you can change to a phone appointment at any time; a shipping fee will be added for delivering completed documents to you if not picked up within 2 weeks.
If you have stock investments, investment accounts, or you receive K-1’s, please schedule your appointment in the latter part of March or April, as you most likely will not have your tax information until mid-March.
Appointments after April 15th
- • We will file the extension form for all scheduled appointments.
- If you anticipate owing:
- you must have your documents here before April 1st.
- You must also add a note that says “Look At” so we know to review it for a possible payment due with your April 15th extension.
Things to review and documents to send:
NOTE: All your tax information must be in our office two weeks before your appointment, if not, we may need to reschedule you to later in the year.
- Confirm that your refunds were the amounts requested on last year’s returns
- Send us your last few pay stubs of the year, W-2’s, banking, unemployment and mortgage documents
- Ask your financial advisor how to give us online access to your tax documents
- Send annual statements for all your IRA’s
How to send your tax documents
- Send your documents electronically using our secure online portal—call the office if you need assistance with this
- Do not attach documents to an email this puts your confidential information at risk
- If you prefer to use the mail, then send original or clear copies of your tax documents, when sending copies please copy only one document to a page
- Do NOT fax your tax documents
Larger than normal returns that require more prep time will incur additional fees
Payment due at completion
No return will be transmitted to the IRS until payment has been received
2023 due dates for returns on extension
Business returns--September 16th
Trust returns—September 30th
Individual returns--October 15th
We are looking forward to serving you very soon, in the meantime, enjoy the holidays and may God bless you and yours.